Travellers entering Canada must follow the rules set out by the Emergency Orders under the Quarantine Act to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 and its variants. Failure to comply with any requirements or providing false information may result in fines, penalties, or imprisonment.
LINK TO PDF: Entering Canada by AIR during COVID-19
Before Departure and Transit
Plan in Advance:
- Visit Canada.ca/coronavirus
- Plan for your quarantine.
- Use ArriveCAN to enter your information.
- Get a COVID-19 molecular test 72 hours before your scheduled flight.
Before you board.
- Have your ArriveCAN receipt and test result ready.
- Wear a mask. If symptoms develop, tell your flight attendant immediately.
Upon arrival in Canada
- Wear a mask. Answer eligibility and health screening questions including quarantine plans.
- Provide required information and documents.
- Collect a test kit for use later during your quarantine.
- If you have symptoms or an unsuitable quarantine plan, your stay and arrival test will be at a designated quarantine facility
- Go to your previously arranged quarantine accommodation.
- Take your COVID Test.
- Use ArriveCAN or call 1-833-641-0343 to check in the day after you enter Canada and to report symptoms daily.
- You will be contacted by the Government of Canada and Provincial/Territorial officials