Current News About Intake Periods
Click on any of these tabs to view details for each Intake Period. ⇓
Secondary Schools – OPEN
- Burnaby South Secondary (Grade 9 – 12) – Very limited space
- Byrne Creek Secondary (Grade 8 – 12)
- Cariboo Hill Secondary (Grade 8 – 12) – Very limited space
For schools with very limited space, there is no guarantee a seat will be available when your application is processed.
Secondary Schools – CLOSED – Waitlist Available
If your first choice is one of the above closed schools, we will automatically place you on a waitlist for that school. We do not place students on multiple waitlists. There is no guarantee a seat will become available.
Secondary Schools – CLOSED
- Alpha Secondary
- Burnaby Central Secondary
- Burnaby Mountain Secondary
- Burnaby North Secondary
- Moscrop Secondary
We are currently not accepting applications for the grade K-7 program for our February 2024 intake. We may re-open in late September when we have more information on space availability in specific grades in our elementary schools. We will update you on our website.
Langara Homestay is now open for the February 2024 intake.
In general, Langara Homestay does not accept applications for Grade 8 or 9 students.
Other Homestay Options
For your information, here is a list of Other Homestay Companies options, not associated directly with SD41, but that have host families in Burnaby.
We recommend that you contact them immediately, as homestays in Burnaby are extremely limited.
Review this page for a list of required forms and steps to start the application process to the Burnaby School District ‘International Education’ program.
Prior to filling out the online application, please
- Review Program Fees, Refund Policy and other information details available in this section.
- Obtain the last two years of school reports both in the native language and in English.
- Make a copy of the student’s passport page showing name, date of birth.
- Print out the Required Documents.
- Review, sign, scan and upload on the online system.
- Medical Information Form
- Participation Agreement and Waiver Form (3 Pages) – October 2022
- Student Interest Form – (Required for students applying to Grade 9 – 12 ONLY.)
- Graduation Waiver – (Required for students applying to Grade 12 ONLY)
- Confirmation of Parent Living with Student Form – (If students will be residing with a parent during their studies, they are required to submit this form.)
- Custodianship Declaration Forms (2 Forms in one complete set) – Who is a custodian? Burnaby School District as well as Citizenship & Immigration Canada require minors studying in Canada without a parent to have a custodian to care for them. The appointed custodian must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident, over 25 years old, and must live full time in the Greater Vancouver area. (If you have appointed a custodian, submit the notarized custodian appointment forms with your application. If you have not yet appointed a custodian, we will require you to submit these documents before issuing your Letter of Acceptance.)
For a complete list of the required documents click here.
Need to Find An Agent?
Please email us at email@example.com telling us where you live, and we will give you the name of a Burnaby representative in your area.