Population: 1,100 students
School Calendar: Semester
Start Dates: September & February
School Profile (PDF): Alpha Secondary School
Location Map (PDF): Alpha Secondary School
BEST KNOWN FOR
Exceptional support for international students, French Immersion
Art 2D Design, Art 3D Design, Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Computer Science, Environmental Science, French, Human Geography, Physics, Psychology
UNIQUE COURSES/ PROGRAMS
Robotics, Theatre & Dance Company
Badminton, Basketball, Cross-Country Running, Golf, Netball, Soccer, Swimming, Rugby, Tennis, Volleyball
RECENT SPORTS CHAMPIONSHIPS
Rugby, Soccer, Volleyball
VISUAL & PERFORMING ARTS
Dance, Design, Digital Media, Drawing, Instrumental and Choral Music, Painting, Theatre
Anime, Awareness, Best Buddies, Book, Environmental Leadership, Magic, Skiing, and many that support charities
- Alpha Secondary provides international students with a caring and supportive environment where it is easy to make friends and seek added assistance from teachers.
- In September 2018, a new wing with state-of-the-art facilities was opened
- Alpha runs a very popular and prestigious Robots Certificate program
- The school offers a strong academic program with a range of Honours and Advanced Placement courses for high-achieving students. Ninety-two percent of Alpha students who wrote AP exams last year scored a level 3 or more.
- Alpha runs an excellent Health and Physical Education program, including the Fitness Leadership program which provides students with an opportunity to become certified BCRPA fitness instructors and earn college credits.
- An extensive Visual and Performing Arts Program includes Drama, Choir, Band, Dance, Ceramics & Sculpture, Drawing & Painting and Media & Graphic Arts.
- Alpha maintains a focus on athletics, with a strong boys’ rugby program and girls’ netball program.