Population: 1,500 students
School Calendar: Linear School » September to June
Start Dates: September & Limited Space in February
School Profile (PDF): Burnaby Mountain Secondary
Location Map (PDF): Burnaby Mountain Secondary
BEST KNOWN FOR
Located close to Simon Fraser University, high academic reputation, strong in Environmental Science, Mathematics and related programs, very active in the community
Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Economics, English Literature, Human Geography, Physics, Psychology, Statistics
Hospitality Management, Leadership, SFU Soccer Program, SFU Swimming Academy, Social Justice
Badminton, Basketball, Cricket, Cross-Country Running, Golf, Netball, Rugby, Soccer, Skiing, Swimming, Table Tennis, Tennis, Volleyball, Water Polo, Wrestling
RECENT SPORTS CHAMPIONSHIPS
VISUAL & PERFORMING ARTS
Choir, Dance, Drawing, Ceramics & Sculpture, Directing & Script Writing, Jazz Band, Media Arts, Orchestra, Painting, Photography, Theatre
Anime, Breakdancing, Broadcasting, Cheerleading, Chess, Christian, Debating, Farm, First Aid, German, Golf, Guitar, Improv Team, School Newspaper, Ski/Snowboard, Social Responsibility, Table Tennis, United Nations, Urban Philosophy, Weight Training
- Located close to SFU, Burnaby Mountain Secondary offers some unique academic courses and as well hosts students in the SFU Swimming and Soccer Academies.
- As a medium-sized school, it offers the best of both large and small schools, including a wide range of courses, programs, activities and electives (such as Outdoor Education) combined with added support within a close-knit community.
- The school offers an extensive range of Honours and Advanced Placement courses.
- Its students excel in district, provincial, and national competitions in Drama, Writing, Math, Sports, Media Arts, Music, and Dance.
- Swimming Academy with coaching by professional Simon Fraser University coaches.
- The school boasts a vibrant student community with over 30 sports teams and a high participation rate in clubs and councils, such as Arts Club, Translator Club, Break Dance Team, Skiing and Snowboarding, Golf and Mountain Biking.