Population: 1,800 students
School Calendar: Linear » September to June
Start Dates: September & Limited Spaces in February
School Profile (PDF): Burnaby North Secondary
Location Map (PDF): Burnaby North Secondary
BEST KNOWN FOR
Largest Advanced Placement Program in Canada, AP Capstone Diploma, very active in the community, a vast array of extracurricular activities
2D Design/Drawing Portfolio, 3D Design Portfolio, Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Chemistry, Chinese, Computer Science, English Literature, French, Human Geography, Macroeconomics, Music Theory, Physics, Psychology, Statistics, World History
Financial Accounting, Ice Hockey Academy, Philosophy, String Orchestra
Badminton, Basketball, Curling, Cross-Country Running, Girls’ Field Hockey, Library Golf, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Netball, Rugby, Skiing, Soccer, Swimming, Table Tennis, Tennis, Volleyball
RECENT SPORTS CHAMPIONSHIPS
Table Tennis, Volleyball
VISUAL & PERFORMING ARTS
Animation, Concert Choir, Digital Sound Recording, Drawing, Film & Broadcasting, Marching Band, Orchestra (strings), Painting, Photography, Photojournalism, Theatre
Anime, Breakdancing, Business, Card Games, Chess, Christian, Computer Coding, Curling, Debating, German, Go, Graphics, Japanese, Korean, Library, Math, Music, Rhythmic Motion Dance, Science, Ski/Snowboarding, Social Justice, Stock Exchange, Symphony Orchestra, Table Tennis, United Nations, and many more community volunteer clubs
- Burnaby North offers the largest Advanced Placement (AP) program in all of Canada, with a strong record of excellent exam results.
- More than 40% of Burnaby North students take one or more Honours classes.
- The school hosts one of British Columbia’s largest Visual and Performing Arts Programs, including Drawing and Painting, Photojournalism, String Orchestra, Jazz, Band and Concert Choir, and a 75 piece Marching Band. It also has an Arts Enrichment Program for students who wish to pursue a future in the area of visual arts.
- Its active student body is involved in many and varied extracurricular and service/volunteer opportunities.
- The Burnaby North Ice Hockey Academy is a skills program for both girls and boys where students can attend school and as well hone their hockey skills.