Starting a new school year can be intimidating, and starting at a new school in a new country can be even more daunting. Meeting people, figuring out how to get around the city, finding places to eat, taking classes, and learning new things can be overwhelming when you’re faced with it all at once.
We’ve compiled a list of articles to help new international students adjust to their first year in Burnaby. These articles range from tips and tricks for studying and settling in at your school to learning about the city of Burnaby and interviews with former international students.
Let’s start with these articles:
- How To Settle In At Your New School
- Burnaby’s 8 Secondary Schools
- 5 Tips To Study Better
- Money-Saving Tips for Burnaby Students
School isn’t the only thing to focus on while you’re here! There are plenty of great activities and opportunities throughout Burnaby and Metro Vancouver to partake in.
But first things first, you’ll want to know how to get around Burnaby using our transit system before you spend a day in the town. After you’ve got a quick rundown on how our buses and SkyTrain work, you’ll also want to familiarize yourself with Burnaby’s neighbourhoods.
Once you’ve learned how to get around and where you are, you’ll likely want to know what to do! Burnaby and Metro-Vancouver are home to endless possibilities, here are just a few places to start your adventures:
- 5 Activities to Try When You Study in Burnaby, Canada
- Explore the Burnaby Public Library
- Eating in Burnaby: Student Guide
Interviews with former Burnaby International Students:
- Interview with Camilla: Moscrop International Student from Italy
- Interview with Noah, a German Student at Alpha Secondary School
- Interview with Belgian Exchange Student – Johanna
If you’ve got more questions about your school or Burnaby, don’t hesitate to ask your schools International Student Liaison.