International Education Orientation
International Student Orientation Week provides new international students to the district with a comprehensive overview of the International Student Program.
Orientation is Mandatory
Orientation is mandatory for all new international students and provides a vital opportunity for students to prepare for their school program.
Elementary and Secondary Students will:
- have an English language assessment,
- receive information about the district, community, medical insurance, and program of studies.
- be provided with a school tour,
- meet staff and students from their school,
- optionally participate in activity/excursions provided free of charge by the International Office.
Secondary school students will:
- also meet their school counsellor and choose their courses.
When is Orientation?
- Orientation is usually the week before schools and is available Monday to Friday.
January 2020 Intake – Elementary
- New Elementary Student Orientation Schedule (PDF) Date: January 22-24/2020 (Will be available soon)
February 2020 Intake – Secondary
- New Secondary Student Orientation Schedule (PDF) Date: January 20-24/2020 (Will be available soon)
- Pre-Departure Booklet (Opens in New Window)