Click on the tabs below to get access to a variety of forms required for Burnaby International Education students taking excursions ‘with school’ or ‘outside school’.
Students Participating in NON-Burnaby School District Activities and Events
Including Travel Outside of the Greater Vancouver Area
Students enrolled in the International Student Program of the Burnaby School District are often invited to participate in activities, events and trips that are NOT organized or supervised by the Burnaby School District. Please read the following information with regards to the risks and responsibilities involved. Parents are welcome to contact the International Education Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to verify whether the event has been organized by the Burnaby School District.
I understand that students participating in activities and events that are NOT organized by the Burnaby School District International Student Program:
- will not be supervised by any staff from the Burnaby International Education Office nor will be available if an incident were to occur
- will be responsible for all travel and incidental costs and expenses
It is the Parent’s Responsibility to ensure that the student holds appropriate medical insurance, in particular, for any travel outside of the Province of British Columbia and that students either hold private medical insurance (Guard.me) or public insurance through the Medical Service Plan (MSP) of British Columbia.
Please contact the International Education Office at email@example.com to verify which type of insurance the child holds or requires.
Important Insurance Information:
- While Guard.me medical insurance is valid outside of the Province of British Columbia, Medical Services Plan (MSP) of BC insurance is not.
- MSP does not provide accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
- Medical insurance is subject to certain exclusions, such as pre-existing conditions, extreme sports and incidents involving drug or alcohol use.
The Burnaby School District International Education Office strongly advises that all students travelling outside the Greater Vancouver Area be supervised by a responsible adult vetted by the parent.
- Accidents can be the result of the nature of the activity and can occur with or without any fault. By allowing my child to participate in a non-Burnaby School District trip or activity, I am accepting the risk of an accident occurring and agree that such trips and activities are suitable for my child.
- It is my responsibility to research the details of any trips/activities and understand the risks that may be involved. Some risks include but are not limited to, transport, supervision, activities, accommodation, whether the trip/tour is limited to minors, whether the activities included are appropriate for minors.